The students are awarded as the Best in different contest like Hackathon, TU BSc. CSIT Basketball Tournament-2076 and other different contests and tournaments organized by different colleges and institutions. All these achievements are the signposts which has made it the center of Excellency. As KBC has been co-coordinating with different national and international organizations, it is successful to provide a proper platform for the students through placements.The peaceful and wide area, hardworking and dedicated staff, skilled and experienced faculties and the visionary management committee are the solid foundations behind the attainment.
As the college is abundant with various program of different streams, the students can widen the range of their choice. Every steps and decisions are taken according to the feedback of all the stakeholders including the parents and students so that they can get a family environment. The college has left no stone unturned to uplift the standard of the college and enhance quality education.
1. Quality is a vital part of the College’s Mission.
2. Effective planning and careful implementation of plans are, of course, essential to the creation of a high-quality institution, as are the processes of monitoring and reviewing. However, equally important is the commitment of each member of the staff to understand the institution’s purpose and future ambitions, to see his or her role in relation to the institutional goals, and to do his or her job well and with enthusiasm.
3. Quality must be the responsibility of everyone who works in the College.
4. Specifically, quality is of great importance to the College because;
4.1. There is a need to show that expenditure is being spent wisely and that high-quality outcomes are being achieved;
4.2. College’s reputation and the professional satisfaction of its staff both derive from knowing, and being able to demonstrate, that students are learning effectively and achieving high levels of performance in all programs;
4.3. College exists in order to provide the nation with a skilled workforce.
The key principles of Quality (continuous quality enhancement through self-evaluation, and the aspiration to provide high quality learning opportunities) apply to the Academic Quality Policy. The first key principle specific to the Academic Quality Policy is that staff, students and other stakeholders have a vital role to play in evaluating quality and in identifying areas for enhancement. A second key principle specific to the Academic Quality Policy is that all provision should be subject to review to ensure that:
1. courses are relevant to students and other stakeholders;
2. staffing, accommodation and other resources are appropriate to deliver the provision;
3. learning and teaching approaches are appropriate;
4. assessments are valid and reliable, and carried out appropriately;
5. individual support needs are met in both delivery and assessment.
A third key principle specific to the Academic Quality Policy is that internal arrangements should address the requirements of external scrutiny.
Graduates of the Kathmandu BernHardt College;
1. Are well disciplined and committed to hard work and a high standard of productivity.
2. Are able to apply the knowledge and skills to a diverse and competitive work environment.
3. Are able to think critically, analyze and solve problems.
4. Have a high degree of competence in using information and communication technology.
5. Are professionally competent and up-to-date in their field of specialization in a changing global environment.
6. Can gather and process knowledge from a variety of sources, and communicate effectively in written and spoken English.
7. Can effectively demonstrate and apply good interpersonal skills in teamwork and leadership roles.
8. Are committed to self-development through lifelong learning.
9. Are socially responsible citizens and are aware of contemporary issues in contributing to national development.
10. Are able to demonstrate and apply their entrepreneurial skills.
Kathmandu BernHardt College (KBC), the landmark of quality education, now is able to prove itself the centre of excellence by creating a safe social and physical environment that helps all our students learn and succeed. I, personally and institutionally am glad to report that KBC is now recognized as the First Quality Assurance and Accreditation (QAA) private college in Nepal. Our dedicated approach to teaching and learning has been manifested in the form The Best Private College of Nepal in 2019, awarded by the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology, Government of Nepal.
As a leading Tribhuvan University affiliate college in the Capital City of Nepal and surroundings, we emphasize developing and maintaining positive relationships among the concerned. We focus on getting to know each student as an individual. This personal approach proves our individual support system a successful and ensures the access to opportunities that are suited to each student’s chosen fields of interest.
The compliment of Parents and visitors for warm and orderly college atmosphere and our strong sense of community encourage us and all our students to develop high expectations about themselves, their work and their behavior. This is an expression of our values of Personal Best, Integrity, Respect and Responsibility. There is a genuine sense of community amongst teachers, students and parents, which we all are very proud of. Our approach involves working with parents to meet the individual needs of every student and supporting them to fulfill their academic and co-curricular goals and dreams.
KBC’s main objective is to provide quality education making the students able to contribute meaningfully to the further development of the local and global arena. In fulfilling this purpose, a culture of quality assurance and enhancement is essential.
KBC sets out the policies, procedures and regulations through which the academic excellences conduct its day-to-day operations. It also contains details on the College’s approach to monitoring, reviewing, and seeking to improve its performance in all areas. It is through a constant desire to move the college forward on the path of being pioneer in academics and Excellencies.
Quality is the responsibility of all, and it is only through the whole-hearted commitment of every stakeholder along with the staff member. All staff of the College, whether academic or administrative, is familiar with the contents of the quality education and knows the Excellency relates to their own role in the institution. Through the collective and subtle effort of all the concerned, the college can succeed and serve the nation as it should.
I proudly would like to articulate my glory of the significant accomplishments of our students and of the results KBC has obtained while being a better choice in education.